Recipe by Bobbie
I haven't tried this yet -- but they sure do sound like they would be very tasty. I found this in a Slow Cooker cook book published by the folks at Taste of Home.
- 2 (3 -3 1/2 lb) broiler chickens or 2 (3 -3 1/2 lb) broiler-fryer chickens, cooked and shredded
- 1 large onion, chopoped
- 2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- hamburger bun
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 3 quart slow cooker, combine all ingredients except buns; mix well.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours in the slow cooker. Serve on buns.
- (You can substitute 6 cups of diced cooked chicken instead of the shredded chicken).
- Prep time does not include the time it takes to cook the chicken.