Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A different take on chicken salad! Adapted from Country Woman magazine.
Make and share this Barbecued Chicken Salad Sandwiches recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 8 kaiser rolls, split (or buns)
- 8 slices tomatoes
- 8 lettuce leaves
- Place the chicken in a large resealable plastic bag; add barbecue sauce. Seal the bag and turn over to coat chicken. Refrigerate at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium hot heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Or broil for about same amount of time. Cool; cover and refrigerate chicken until chilled. Chop chicken and place in a bowl. Stir in the mayonnaise, onion, celery, salt and pepper flakes. Serve on roll or bun with tomato and lettuce. Enjoy!
- Makes 8 servings.
I made this for *Zaar World Tour III* - I had this for lunch today. I served them in mini dinner rolls, lettuces and cherry tomatoes. Everyone enjoyed them, delicious! Thank you Sharon123
We all enjoyed this sandwich very much and will make it again in the near future. Thanks for sharing, Sharon123.
What a great way to fix chicken salad! I put 2 large breasts in a ziploc bag, poured in the sauce and allowed them to sit most of the day in the fridge. Put the chicken on the grill while cooking other things and when cooked let them cool overnight in the fridge. Chopped the chicken and added the remaining ingredients and had these on buns today at lunch. Delicious!