Recipe by Sharon123
A different take on chicken salad! Adapted from Country Woman magazine.
Top Review by Chef floWer
I made this for *Zaar World Tour III* - I had this for lunch today. I served them in mini dinner rolls, lettuces and cherry tomatoes. Everyone enjoyed them, delicious! Thank you Sharon123
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 8 kaiser rolls, split (or buns)
- 8 slices tomatoes
- 8 lettuce leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the chicken in a large resealable plastic bag; add barbecue sauce. Seal the bag and turn over to coat chicken. Refrigerate at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium hot heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Or broil for about same amount of time. Cool; cover and refrigerate chicken until chilled. Chop chicken and place in a bowl. Stir in the mayonnaise, onion, celery, salt and pepper flakes. Serve on roll or bun with tomato and lettuce. Enjoy!
- Makes 8 servings.