Recipe by Kendra*
I wanted a different kind of chicken salad for sandwiches, so I put on my thinking cap and this is what I came up with. Now whenever we barbecue chicken breasts, we cook extras just for this recipe. This is also good served with crackers for an appetizer.
- 4 chicken breast halves, grilled
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise (I use Miracle Whip Light)
- 59.14-78.07 ml barbecue sauce
- 14.79 ml red wine vinegar
- 2.46 ml garlic salt
- pepper, as desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop chicken breasts into approximately 1/4 inch dice.
- Add onion, celery and jalapeno (if desired) and combine.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over chicken mixture. Refrigerate.
- This is good served on hard rolls and topped with tomato and shredded lettuce.