Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I wanted a different kind of chicken salad for sandwiches, so I put on my thinking cap and this is what I came up with. Now whenever we barbecue chicken breasts, we cook extras just for this recipe. This is also good served with crackers for an appetizer.
- 4 chicken breast halves, grilled
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise (I use Miracle Whip Light)
- 59.14-78.07 ml barbecue sauce
- 14.79 ml red wine vinegar
- 2.46 ml garlic salt
- pepper, as desired
- Chop chicken breasts into approximately 1/4 inch dice.
- Add onion, celery and jalapeno (if desired) and combine.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over chicken mixture. Refrigerate.
- This is good served on hard rolls and topped with tomato and shredded lettuce.
Delicious! I actually used this filling to make quesadillas for dinner. Kids loved them! Thanks for posting!
Fantastic! Super flavorful. This is very similar to a recipe I found on Pillsbury's website. It used 4 cups precooked deli rotisserie chicken, did not have the celery or vinegar, added bacon, and was served over lettuce. I like your version with the vinegar, but I did leave out the celery and use the rotisserie chicken since I had some on hand (and I added a bit of bacon!) I used homemade barbecue sauce and pickled jalapeno. Thanks for sharing!
Liked the light barbecue flavor this imparts. We used green onion (personal preference) and more mayo, celery and vinegar.