5 hrs 15 mins
My mother had this recipe in a VERY old cookbook. It was President Nixon's favorite recipe for chicken I think, hence the name. I make this especially when we have outdoor parties, when I can grill. I made it for my daughter's birthday party, and by the time I got around to eating, the chicken was gone!!! Everyone loves this tasty barbecued chicken! A little salty if you add all it calls for, so you might want to add less. Or you could use garlic powder rather than garlic salt. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt margarine in saucepan.
- 2Stir in lemon juice, garlic salt, oregano and paprika.
- 3Put pieces of chicken in tupperware or dishes to marinate in, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 4Pour marinade over the chicken and cover it.
- 5Marinate for at least 4 hours (I do mine overnight), turning over occasionally.
- 6Place on grill above hot coals.
- 7Cook until tender, occasionally turning and brushing with marinade.
- 8Allow 45-75 minutes total cooking time, depending on size of chicken and distance from the coals.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barbecued Chicken (President Nixon's)
Serving Size: 1 (344 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1203.5
- Calories from Fat 830
- Total Fat 92.2 g
- Saturated Fat 23.8 g
- Cholesterol 345.0 mg
- Sodium 1460.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 86.2 g