1/2 Photos of Barbecued Chicken Polenta
3 hrs 5 mins
2 hrs 15 mins
June 2002 "Ready, Set, Cook" contest entry
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, thoroughly washed,patted dry,and stems removed
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 (6 ounce) jar quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 8 fluid ounces garlic oil or 8 fluid ounces olive oil (preferable)
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 16 fluid ounces water
- 16 fluid ounces milk
- 1 cup polenta
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, mixed with
- 1 dash basil
- 4 teaspoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
- 1In a food processor fitted with a sharp metal blade, purée the cilantro, garlic, artichoke hearts, salt and 1 cup of the grated Parmesan cheese until smooth.
- 2With the motor running, add the garlic oil in a slow, steady stream.
- 3Pour this mixture into a medium bowl; prick the chicken all over with a fork and then marinate the chicken in the mixture for at least 2 hours.
- 4In a heavy saucepan, mix together the water, milk and polenta; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, for about 30 minutes or until it is thick, and then stir in the butter and ½ cup of the Parmesan and season to taste with salt and pepper; keep warm.
- 5Grill the chicken over medium coals, basting with the remaining marinade, until cooked; cut into bite-size pieces and keep warm.
- 6Divide the polenta evenly among 4 large warmed dishes.
- 7Place the chicken on top and sprinkle with balsamic vinegar and basil-flavoured oil.
- 8Sprinkle more grated Parmesan and snipped chives on top.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barbecued Chicken Polenta
Serving Size: 1 (503 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 683.3
- Calories from Fat 347
- Total Fat 38.6 g
- Saturated Fat 20.5 g
- Cholesterol 164.8 mg
- Sodium 836.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 47.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: