1/1 Photo of Barbecued Chicken Pasta
I subscribe to FlyLady.net emails in an attempt to keep my life organized. This recipe came in one of these emails. I omitted the provolone cheese and only used half of the mozzarella cheese as we don't care for overly cheesy food. I also omit the green onions and cilantro. While we love the version I make, I'm sure the recipe is yummy with ALL the ingredients : )
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces penne or 16 ounces ziti pasta or 16 ounces rotini pasta, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ounces chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 medium green bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 small red onion, sliced thin
- 1 garlic cloves, pressed or 1 tablespoon garlic, minced from a jar
- 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce, any flavor variety
- 1/2 cup provolone cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 3 green onions, trimmed and sliced thin
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1Prepare pasta according to package directions. Before draining, reserve 1/4 cup cooking water. After draining, return pasta to the pot and cover to keep warm.
- 2Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and saute, stirring occasionally, until browned on all sides, approximately 3-5 minutes.
- 3Add bell pepper, onion and garlic and cook until pepper turns bright green, 1-3 minutes.
- 4Add spaghetti and barbecue sauces and heat just to boiling. Remove from heat.
- 5Add the chicken/sauce mixture and cheese to the drained pasta. Stir over low heat until pasta is coated with sauce. If necessary, slowly add reserved cooking water to make the sauce lightly coat the pasta.
- 6Transfer to serving bowls and top with scallions and cilantro.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barbecued Chicken Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 425.7
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 27.2 mg
- Sodium 303.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 15.1 g