8 hrs 30 mins
In 'Slow Cooker: The Best Cookbook Ever' by Diane Phillips
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 chicken legs, skin removed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1Spray the insert of a 5- to 7-quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray, or line it with a slow cooker liner according to manufacturer's directions.
- 2Sprinkle the chicken legs evenly with the salt and pepper and transfer to the slow cooker insert.
- 3Melt the butter in a large saucepan over med-high heat.
- 4Add the onion and garlic; saute until the onion is softened, about 3 minutes.
- 5Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- 6Pour the sauce over the chicken.
- 7Cook on LOW for 8 hours, until the chicken is tender and cooked through.
- 8Remove the cover from the slow cooker and skim off any fat.
- 9Serve the chicken from the cooker set on warm.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barbecued Chicken Legs
Serving Size: 1 (316 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 554.0
- Calories from Fat 256
- Total Fat 28.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 180.9 mg
- Sodium 1062.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 30.3 g
- Protein 39.3 g