Recipe by WiGal
This grilling recipe came from a KENYA AND TANZANIA web site and is specifically a Swahili recipe. Serve hot with salad and rice or potatoes. Posted for ZWT4.
- 1 whole chicken, cut in pieces
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 jalapenos
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 small onion, cut in quarters
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Fire up your grill.
- Place all ingredients except chicken in blender or food processor and blend until finely chopped.
- Spread the resulting mixture over the chicken and let it stand for 20 to 30 minutes (or even longer).
- Barbecue the chicken over a charcoal fire, medium heat, until it is cooked about 15-20 minutes.