Prep 20 mins
Cook 19 mins
Great BBQ taste without the mess. adapted from Cooking light
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped carrot
- 4 cups chopped roasted boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 4 breasts)
- 3 1⁄2 cups frozen hash browns
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce (your favourite)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, smashed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- Preheat oven to 375f degrees.
- Heat oil in a large cast iron frypan or heavy frypan over high heat.
- Add onion, celery, bell pepper, and carrot, saute 1 1/2 minutes.
- Add chicken and next 7 ingredients (chicken through salt), bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Bake at 375f degrees for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese and jalapeno, bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese melts.