Recipe by Manami
These can be assembled ahead of time, covered and refrigerated before cooking. This was originally on Land O' Lakes web site but as usual have made a few changes.
- 8 (6 ounce) chicken breast halves
- 8 ounces brie cheese, cut into (1x1x1/2)
- 16 slices bacon
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- garlic powder
- onion powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400ºF.
- Make slit in each chicken breast half to form a pocket.
- Place 1 slice cheese in each pocket.
- Roll each chicken breast into a bundle; wrap crisscross with 2 slices bacon.(If crispy bacon is desired, precook bacon until half done). Secure bacon with toothpicks.
- Place bundles on broiler pan, bottom-side up.
- Bake for 30 minutes, turn.
- Brush with barbecue sauce, mixed with garlic and onion powder.
- Continue baking for 20-30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.