Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is not only quick and easy but great tasting as well. Had I not tasted this delicious grilled chicken I likely would never have chosen to make a barbecue sauce that had horseradish as one of the ingredients, but having tasted it I just had to have the recipe. Good friends share!
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Make Sauce: In a small saucepan combine ketchup, cider vinegar, horseradish, brown sugar, minced garlic, thyme and black pepper; whisk together to mix ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium/low heat. Cook about five minutes until thickened. Remove from heat.
- Brush chicken breasts with sauce (both sides) and place in foil lined pan.
- Broil or grill basting with remaining sauce until no longer pink in centre. Allow to stand five minutes before serving.
Five stars all the way my friend. What a delicious way to prepare chicken and it was so quick and easy. My dh & I loved this dish. Made exactly as written and wouldn't change a thing. Kudos on a lovely recipe, the tart, sweet, tangy bbq sauce and tender, moist, flavorful chicken were wonderful. I can't wait to enjoy this again, thanks so much for sharing. :)
A great flavour with a secret ingredient......the horseradish!! Very easy to make and one for my "keepers" file to have again. Made for Aus/NZ swap April 2010. Thanks for sharing :)
This recipe was wonderful. Worth the wait in trying :) thanks made for RECIPE SWAP #35 - December 2009