Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Tyler Florence Family Meal
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 fresh pineapple
- 6 large boneless skinless chicken thighs
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- In a saucepan, combine the ketchup, soy sauce, honey, mustard, brown sugar, garlic, and lemon juice. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook gently until thickened, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium. Slice off pineapple rind and cut into 3 long wedges. Cut off core and cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks. Cut each chicken thigh into 2 pieces.
- Thread chicken and pineapple pieces onto skewers. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Remove garlic cloves from sauce and reserve half of sauce for serving.
- Grill skewers, turning often and basting occasionally with barbecue sauce. Grill until cooked through, 10 to 15 minutes. Serve with reserved sauce on side for dipping.