8 hrs 15 mins
I got this recipe out of a Ladies Home Journal magazine. I believe it was a sample of one of the recipe's from Trisha Yearwood's new cookbook. I thought it sounded good and didn't want to loose it so I'm posting it here! (Note: Cook time includes refrigeration time)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place chickens in a large bowl or deep pot and cover with water; add 3 tbsp salt.
- 2Cover and refrigerate 6 hrs or overnight.
- 3Heat grill to medium high,* placing rack 16 inches from heat.
- 4Meanwhile for basting sauce, in a small saucepan, combine vinegar, oil, 1/4 cup water, remaining 1 tbsp salt, the pepper sauce, cayenne and ground pepper.
- 5Bring to a boil, stirring to combine; remove from heat.
- 6Drain chicken and pat dry.
- 7Place, skin side up, on grill.
- 8Grill basting every 15 min, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of thigh without touching bone registers 165 degrees, about 1 1/2 hours more.
- 9*Note: To cook using a stove-top grill, heat oven to 375 degrees.
- 10Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat and cook chicken, skin side up, basting occasionally, 15 minute.
- 11Turn and cook, basting occasionally, 10 min more.
- 12Transfer to oven and bake, basting every 15 min, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of thigh without touching bone registers 165 degrees, 40 to 45 minute.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barbecued Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (647 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1468.3
- Calories from Fat 1012
- Total Fat 112.5 g
- Saturated Fat 29.0 g
- Cholesterol 425.6 mg
- Sodium 5071.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 105.6 g