Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A good dinner
- 1 broiler-fryer chicken, cut into serving size pieces
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup sliced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- preheat oven 375°F.
- Place butter in a 9x13-inch pan and place it in oven to melt as oven preheats.
- Combine flour, salt, poultry seasoning, and paprika in a plastic bag.
- Shake until mixed.
- Rinse chicken and shake to remove excess moisture. But do not pat dry.
- Place one or two pieces of chicken at a time in bag with seasonings and shake to coat.
- Remove pan with butter and swirl butter to evenly coat the pan.
- Place chicken skin side down.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- While baking make barbecue sauce.
- Combine all ingredients in saucepan (from onion and down).
- Simmer sauce for 15 minutes.
- After chicken is done baking remove from oven turn pieces over, coat with sauce.
- Bake 15 minutes more.
- Remove from oven and put additional sauce on.
- Bake 15 more minute or until chicken is desired tenderness and juices run clear.