Barbecued Chestnuts in Bacon
- Combine the ketchup and sugar in a small bowl and mix thoroughly until well blended.
- Divide each bacon rasher into three and stretch each piece by holding one end down and stretching along its length with the back of a knife.
- Wrap each water chestnut with a piece of bacon and secure each with cocktail stick.
- Dip each wrapped water chestnut into the tomato ketchup mixture and thread onto long skewers.
- Grill over medium coals for 5-8 minutes turning 2-3 times and basting with the remaining ketchup mixture, until the bacon is crispy and browned.
- Serve immediately.