Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
Make and share this Barbecued Chestnuts in Bacon recipe from Food.com.
- Combine the ketchup and sugar in a small bowl and mix thoroughly until well blended.
- Divide each bacon rasher into three and stretch each piece by holding one end down and stretching along its length with the back of a knife.
- Wrap each water chestnut with a piece of bacon and secure each with cocktail stick.
- Dip each wrapped water chestnut into the tomato ketchup mixture and thread onto long skewers.
- Grill over medium coals for 5-8 minutes turning 2-3 times and basting with the remaining ketchup mixture, until the bacon is crispy and browned.
- Serve immediately.
Tried this out on the grill last night and it was a hit! I may have overcooked the first time around and will know better the next time. Not the Chefs fault,but mine. Sweet and Tasty! Added to my cook-book and would do it again!
Miller, these are definitely better than the ones you bake in the oven!! DELICIOUS, had me licking my fingers :-) THANKS!!
These were tasty & convenient to make on the bbq. We found them to be just a little too sweet. It took about 20 minutes to get them crispy on the grill.