Always on the look out for seafood recipes for the barbie for when we are on holiday in a caravan park. From Australian Good Food mini cookbook. Have not included 2 hours to overnight marination time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1To clean calamari, remove heads and tentacles by pulling gently from the bodies.
- 2Pull intestines from calamari tubes and discard and cut tentacles away from heads, just below the eyes.
- 3Discard heads and pull transparent quills out of tubes and discard.
- 4Place a little salt on your fingers for grip and peel skin from tubes and discard and then rinse tubes under cold water.
- 5Cut tubes on one side, flatten and score inside in a criss-cross pattern and cut into quarters lengthways.
- 6Combine calamari, tentacles, olive oil, lemon rind and juice, oregano, garlic and chilli in a bowl, cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight to marinate.
- 7Preheat a barbecue plate on high and cook calamari turning for 3 to 5 minutes until browned and just opaque.
- 8Transfer to a bowl and season to taste and serve.
Browse Our Top Squid Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barbecued Calamari
Serving Size: 1 (95 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 189.3
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 145.7 mg
- Sodium 29.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 10.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: