Recipe by The Geeky Chef
Inspired by the World of Warcraft Game. Rich and tangy were the words he used to describe these delicious treats, and maybe a little spicy too, due to the Hot Spices used to make them. This is my own barbecue sauce recipe, especially made to be rich, tangy and spicy... just like good old Rigglefuzz's.
Top Review by **Tinkerbell**
After reading this intro I knew I HAD to make this for my 16 yr old DS. He's a total WOW junkie! The whole time I was cooking I thought the molasses was going to be too strong for us but in the end it tasted just perfect. A very nice balance of spicy, sweet & tangy. Oh, I did leave out the cinnamon, as we've never liked a savory dish with it so I didn't want to chance it on a special recipe for my boy. :) Thank you for sharing, Geeky Chef. I hope you keep posting more fun recipes like this. I recruited DS to get me a screenshot for the photo. I hope you like it! :) Made for the Spring 2009 Pick A Chef Orphanage.
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, mashed
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all the ingredients except wings in a saucepan over low heat. As soon as the molasses dissolves, the sauce is ready to use.
- Boil the chicken in boiling water for about 7 minutes.
- Remove it, let it drain and then pat it dry.
- Pour barbecue sauce in a bowl.
- Put a few pieces of the chicken into the bowl, and coat well.
- Place the finished chicken pieces in a shallow baking dish.
- Repeat until all the chicken is coated.
- If desired, pour some extra barbecue sauce over the chicken.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.