Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Another one of my ex-mother in law's recipes. Easy and good. Really good at a cook-out.
- 4 (16 ounce) cans butter beans
- 1 (24 ounce) bottle ketchup
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle dark corn syrup
- 3 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 3 drops hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 13x9 pan with cooking spray.
- Drain Butter beans and pour into pan.
- Add all other ingredients and mix well.
- Bake for 1 hour or until brown and bubbling.
This recipe is really good. The flavor was unique and not at all what I expected. All the flavors blended well. The hot sauce counteracted the sweetness perfectly. The beans were not spicy at all, but the flavor of the hot sauce came through. The next time I will add some sliced hot dogs and made a meal of the beans. Thank you for a great recipe.