Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Oh these are so good! I make them on the stove top in the winter time.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- barbecue sauce (optional)
- 5 large hamburger buns
- In a bowl, combine ground beef, eggs, breadcrumbs, onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix well and shape into 10 patties.
- To flatten patties, place between two sheets of waxed paper and press to form patties about 1/2 inch thick.
- Top 5 patties with grated cheese, dividing it evenly.
- Place remaining 5 patties on top and press edges firmly together.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to barbecue.
- Cook hamburgers on a preheated, lightly greased barbecue grill about 5 inches from heat source.
- Cook for 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until desired doneness, brushing with barbecue sauce, if using.
- Place the hamburgers in buns and garnish with your favorite condiments.