Prep 8 hrs
Cook 10 mins
Remember to let your steak rest for 5-10 minutes after it comes off the grill. And always slice against the grain of the meat.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef sirloin steaks, about 3/4-inch thick
- 1 (7 ounce) can beer
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Place steak in plastic bag. Combine beer, onion, soy sauce and pepper; pour over steak. Press air out of bag; tie top securely. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight, turning over occasionally. Remove steak from marinade and place on grill 4" to 5" from hot coals. Cook 7 to 10 minutes on each side, or to desired degree of doneness; sprinkle cheese evenly over top side of steak during last few seconds of cooking time. To serve, cut across grain into thin slices. Makes 3 to 4 servings.
The marinade gave a great taste to the steak. And it's great with the cheese on top. Thanks Drunk Chef :) Made for PAC Spring 2012