Recipe by Louise....
This is the best of the recipes we got with our new Weber grill. It's always moist and delicious!
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1⁄3 cup Dijon mustard (I use honey Dijon)
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups beer, divided (I use Honey Brown)
- 1 (3 1/2-4 lb) roasting chickens
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the marinade:.
- in a small bowl, whisk together the marinade with 1 cup of the beer.
- Remove the giblets and any excess fat from the chicken. Rinse the chicken under cold water.
- Place the chicken in a large, resealable plastic bag or large bowl, cover with the marinade, and refrigerate for about four hours, turning occasionally.
- Heat the grill to medium, about 350 to 400 degrees farenheit.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and wipe off the chunks of onion and garlic with paper toweling.
- I use a special roaster that we bought with the grill, but you can use a beer can with a few holes punched in it. Whichever you use, should have about a half-cup of beer in it. Insert the roaster into the body cavity of the chicken, and set it upright onto the heated grill. Grill about an hour. (My special roaster has a container underneath to catch the drippings, and I baste the chicken about every 15 minutes with them.).
- Remove from the grill, let rest a few minutes, and either quarter or carve. Enjoy!