Recipe by littleturtle
Baked barbecued beans with ground beef & onions. Simple & delicious side dish for a cookout, potluck, picnic or family meal. Goes great with ribs, coleslaw and cornbread for a hearty dinner.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) can pork and beans
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat; sauté ground beef with onions until beef is browned and onions are tender.
- Pour off excess fat, and add remaining ingredients.
- Pour into a 1 1/2-quart casserole dish, and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.