Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs 20 mins
The sauce is also very good on pork ribs.
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml packed brown sugar
- 29.58 ml salt
- 29.58 ml garlic powder
- 29.58 ml paprika
- 9.85 ml pepper
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 3175.14 g bone-in short rib of beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 9.85 ml vegetable oil
- 354.88 ml water
- 236.59 ml ketchup
- 170.09 g can tomato paste
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; rub over ribs. Place in two large resealable plastic bags; seal and refrigerate overnight.
- Line two 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans with foil; grease the foil. Place ribs in prepared pans. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2 hours or until meat is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in the water, ketchup, tomato paste, brown sugar and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Remove ribs from the oven. Grill ribs, covered, over indirect medium heat for 20 minutes, turning and basting frequently with sauce.