Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
There are quite a few Barbecued Beef recipes on here, but this one is a little different. I got this out of an old newspaper food section, there were no cooking times listed. I did the beef in the crock pot all day then added the sauce and put back in the crock pot on high until absorbed.
- 1 lb chuck roast
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1⁄2 pint chili sauce
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 quart canned tomato
- 2 -3 onions, quartered
- 2 hot peppers (I used jalapenos)
- Cook roast until fork tender. Shred beef.
- Add tomato past, chili sauce, green pepper, celery, sugar and vinegar.
- Combine canned tomatoes, onion and hot peppers in blender.
- Mix in with the beef mixture.
- Cook in covered pot until liquid is absorbed into beef.