Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from Ossg Recipes.
- beef rib (we use flanken cut in half)
- 1 large onion, chunked
- 8 ounces hunt's chunky tomato sauce
- 2⁄3 cup low-carb ketchup
- 3 tablespoons tamari or 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons hickory liquid smoke
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- Fry the beef in a large skillet, salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from skillet and add onion and sauté until lightly brown.
- Cut the flanken in half with your kitchen shears.
- Place in crockpot, add onion and pour sauce over all.
- Cover and cook on high for one hour, turn heat to low and continue cooking until done. 4-5 hours.
Oh and cut the onion into chunks? quarter it, cut in 5ths? <br/>Also usualy in crockpots the veggies go under the meat, but I followed these directions, will be interesting to see what comes out