Recipe by Cilantro in Canada
This is my family's favourite meat loaf. It is very easy to make if you just put it all in the food processor to mix. I usually double the sauce because that is the way my family likes it. This recipe is from the cookbook Cook Milk In Any Flavour You Like. I believe it was published by the Ontario Milk Marketing Board. It is a wonderful cookbook. The original recipe says it serves 6-8, but I find that it serves four generously with no leftovers
Top Review by Gerry
Made this on a cold day back in early December - we loved this meat loaf. Haven't made one for ever so long, that is about to change! Made using recipe#186221. We like extra topping on our meat loaf too - doubled is good. The topping makes for memories as it is one of our favourite combinations. Thank you for sharing - will be making this again soon.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 (42 g) package onion soup mix
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- For the meat loaf mix together the ground beef, breadcrumbs, milk, eggs, and onion soup mix. I mix it together in the food processor.
- Grease a loaf pan (9x5x3 inch).
- Add meatloaf to pan and press lightly.
- Bake for 1 hour and drain any drippings from pan. Be careful the loaf does not fall out of the pan as you drain the fat.
- Mix together ketchup, brown sugar, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. For my family, I double the sauce ingredients.
- Spoon over meat loaf.
- Place meat loaf back into the to oven for 30 minutes or until desired temperature is reached.
- Cut into slices to serve.