Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
This is my family's favourite meat loaf. It is very easy to make if you just put it all in the food processor to mix. I usually double the sauce because that is the way my family likes it. This recipe is from the cookbook Cook Milk In Any Flavour You Like. I believe it was published by the Ontario Milk Marketing Board. It is a wonderful cookbook. The original recipe says it serves 6-8, but I find that it serves four generously with no leftovers
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- For the meat loaf mix together the ground beef, breadcrumbs, milk, eggs, and onion soup mix. I mix it together in the food processor.
- Grease a loaf pan (9x5x3 inch).
- Add meatloaf to pan and press lightly.
- Bake for 1 hour and drain any drippings from pan. Be careful the loaf does not fall out of the pan as you drain the fat.
- Mix together ketchup, brown sugar, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. For my family, I double the sauce ingredients.
- Spoon over meat loaf.
- Place meat loaf back into the to oven for 30 minutes or until desired temperature is reached.
- Cut into slices to serve.
Made this on a cold day back in early December - we loved this meat loaf. Haven't made one for ever so long, that is about to change! Made using Substitute for 1 Envelope Onion Soup Mix. We like extra topping on our meat loaf too - doubled is good. The topping makes for memories as it is one of our favourite combinations. Thank you for sharing - will be making this again soon.