Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a Zaar recipe that I adopted. I'm modifying the recipe based on ncmysteryshopper's review (thanks bunches for the suggestions!).
- 1⁄3 cup catsup
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1⁄3 jalapeno, chopped finely
- 1⁄8 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons onions, Finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, Finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar, Packed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 cups beef, Cut up, cooked
- 4 French rolls, split
- 4 slices American cheese
- Mix all ingredients except beef, rolls and cheese in 1-Qt casserole.
- Cover and microwave on high (100%) util hot and bubbly, 2 to 3 minutes; stir.
- Mix beef into sauce.
- Cover and microwave until beef is hot, 3 to 5 minutes Fill rolls with beef mixture and cheese slices and serve.
Very quick and excellent for lunch. This BBQ sauce has quite a body to it and lends itself perfectly to the beef! I love the kick of the sauce. It is even better after sitting in the fridge!