2 hrs 50 mins
2 hrs 45 mins
This recipe has been a family favorite for years. Serve on hamburger buns that have been buttered on both halves, and lightly browned under broiler. Freeze some for lunches or dinner in a hurry.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1814.36 g boneless chuck roast
- 1 onion, chopped
- 29.58 ml butter
- 44.37 ml distilled white vinegar
- 340.19 g chili sauce
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 4.92 ml mustard powder
- 29.58 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 2.46 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 4.92 ml salt
- 0.59 ml ground cayenne pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 16 hamburger buns, buttered and lightly broiled
- 1Place roast in a large covered pan. Roast at 325°F (165°C) for 2 hours, or until the meat falls apart and shred easily.
- 2In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onions, and sauté until onions become translucent.
- 3Stir in vinegar and chile sauce. Fill empty chile sauce bottle with water, shake and pour liquid in skillet. Mix in brown sugar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, salt, cayenne pepper, and garlic. Cook sauce over low heat, stirring often, until thickened.
- 4With two forks, shred roasted beef. Stir meat into the sauce in the skillet and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 5Serve as sandwiches over lightly buttered and broiled hamburger buns.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barbecued Beef for Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 326.7
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 78.6 mg
- Sodium 762.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 28.7 g