Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook2 hrs 45 mins
This recipe has been a family favorite for years. Serve on hamburger buns that have been buttered on both halves, and lightly browned under broiler. Freeze some for lunches or dinner in a hurry.
- 1814.36 g boneless chuck roast
- 1 onion, chopped
- 29.58 ml butter
- 44.37 ml distilled white vinegar
- 340.19 g chili sauce
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 4.92 ml mustard powder
- 29.58 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 2.46 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 4.92 ml salt
- 0.59 ml ground cayenne pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 16 hamburger buns, buttered and lightly broiled
- Place roast in a large covered pan. Roast at 325°F (165°C) for 2 hours, or until the meat falls apart and shred easily.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onions, and sauté until onions become translucent.
- Stir in vinegar and chile sauce. Fill empty chile sauce bottle with water, shake and pour liquid in skillet. Mix in brown sugar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, salt, cayenne pepper, and garlic. Cook sauce over low heat, stirring often, until thickened.
- With two forks, shred roasted beef. Stir meat into the sauce in the skillet and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve as sandwiches over lightly buttered and broiled hamburger buns.