Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Very tasty sauce.
- 1 lb stewing beef, cut into 1 inch cubes. (or 1 lb sirloin steak cut up)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 small mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 3 cups cooked no yolk noodles (or regular if desired)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- In a large skillet with a lid saute onion in butter or margarine over medium heat.
- Add meat and mushrooms.
- Cook until meat is browned.
- Mix in mustard, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar,garlic powder, pepper and ketchup.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer add water if needed, about 1 hr to 1 1/2 hr or until meat is tender.
- Serve hot over egg noodles.
The sauce is delicious!! I will use cubed sirloin steak the next time.
This makes an outstanding sauce!! I swear, I could it eat with a spoon! Could be easily adapted for ribs too. I served it over noodles, but would be fantastic with mashed potatoes or over a baked potato. I made it as is except no mushrooms. Used light butter and it's only 4 WW pts/serving. (Reduce noodles & calculate those points separately if you're counting.) Will definitely become part of my regular rotation. Thanks for sharing! :-)
I'm not a barbecue fan - but this was delicious! Easy to make, I served it two ways, on Egg Noodles and as Wraps with Provolone cheese. Very good. BDavis Hudson, FL