Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This dish is not spicy hot, bit there is a little zip in this sauce. You can substitute ground beef for the stew meat.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 14.79 ml butter or 14.79 ml margarine
- 14.79 ml prepared mustard
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 14.79 ml distilled white vinegar
- 29.58 ml white sugar
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml ground black pepper
- 118.29 ml ketchup
- 453.59 g sirloin, cut into 1 inch cubes or 453.59 g lean ground beef
- 473.18 ml hot cooked rice
- In a large, heavy skillet, sauté onions in butter or margarine over medium heat. Add meat, and cook until browned.
- Mix in mustard, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, salt, pepper and ketchup. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until sauce coats the meat. Serve hot over hot cooked rice.