Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a SUCCULENT, super-moist and flavorful way to make beef. I believe this would be easily adaptable for a crockpot! ENJOY!
- 3 -4 lbs beef brisket
- 3⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 medium chopped onions
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Heat oven to 350.
- Place brisket in Dutch oven; add all remaining brisket ingredients.
- Cover; bake for 3-3 1/2 hours or until brisket is fork tender.
- Meanwhile, in a 2 quart saucepan, stir together all the barbecue sauce ingredients.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- until sauce is heated through (8-10 minutes).
- Remove brisket to cutting board; reserve pan juices!
- Stir in one cup reserved pan juices into barbecue sauce.
- Slice brisket thinly; spoon barbecue sauce over sliced brisket.
This ROCKS!! I cooked it @250 for about 6 -7 hours and it just fell apart. I make this about once a month and the family loves it!
This is delicious! I cooked a 2 1/2 pound brisket for 4 hours at 300 degrees. I made sure the pan was tall & narrow so the meat was submerged in the liquid.
made tonight. loved the sort of, cooking liquid.. i had reservations about cooking IN vinegar, but the taste with all the ingredients was really good!! Served with gnocci and whipped squash. thanks