Prep 10 mins
Cook 17 hrs
This has got to be the best brisket recipe ever. Try it and see!
- 4 lbs boneless beef brisket
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- barbecue sauce
- Mix marinade ingredients in a bowl.
- Place brisket fat side down in foil lined baking pan. Rub with 1/2 of the marinade.
- Flip brisket fat side up and rub with remaining 1/2 of marinade.
- Tightly wrap foil around brisket and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake at 300°F for 4 hours.
- Uncover brisket, top with your favorite barbecue sauce and continue baking uncovered for another hour.
- Cool slightly and slice against the grain.
- Cook time includes overnight refrigeration.
One our my neighbors made this for a picnic about 20 years ago and we''ve been hooked on it ever since. To cut down on the salt, I use garlic powder and onion powder rather than garlic/onion salt.