- 1 cup canned pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 3 tablespoons smoky barbecue sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 medium vidalia onion, grated (or Spanish onion)
- cracked black pepper
- Worcestershire sauce
- 6 crusty rolls
- tomatoes, slices
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, mush/mash up beans a little with the back of a fork.
- Combine beans and beef with barbecue sauce, garlic, grated onion, pepper, and about 4 shakes of Worcestershire sauce.
- Form mixture into 6 patties; cook on grill or over med-high heat on a griddle pan on the stovetop.
- Cook burgers for 6 minutes on each side.
- Serve on crusty rolls with lettuce and tomato.