Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 mins
Slow roasted beef with barbecue sauce
Make and share this Barbecued Beef recipe from Food.com.
- 5 lbs rump steak or 5 lbs blade roast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- Time excess fat from roast, if needed. Combine seasonings and rub onto all sides of meat. Wrap in plastic wrap or put in plastic food storage bag and store for 24 hours.
- Cook meat in a covered barbecue grill over low coals, turing to cook evenly until done, 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Meat may also be cooked in a 325F oven as well.
- Let meat rest for 10 to 15 minutes before slicing.