Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
- 3 lbs bear steak, cut 1/2 inch thick
- 1 slice salt pork, cut up
- 1 cup catsup
- 1⁄3 cup steak sauce
- 2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 habanero pepper, stem removed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, course ground
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- Trim all fat from bear steak and cut into 6 inch strips.
- Sear meat on all sides with salt pork in a heavy frying pan.
- Place meat in casserole dish/pan.
- Add rest of ingredients to fry pan and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Pour sauce over meat, cover and bake for at least 2 hours in a 325F oven, stirring occasionally until meat is tender.