Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A Southwestern take on one of my hubby's favorite dishes. Usually I make baked beans with miniature smoked sausages, but this time I cut up large smoked sausages and used barbecue sauce and chile peppers. I also used Queso Casero (homemade Mexican cheese), but Queso Fresco can be substituted. From my food blog at: http://www.comfortcookadventures.com/2013/05/not-your-average-franks-and-beans.html
- 3 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 ounce) packagejohnsonville smoked sausage, cut into 1/4 inch pieces at an angle
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup diced chili pepper
- 1 cup mexican cheese, broken up into pieces
- 2 cups barbecue sauce (hickory or mesquite smoked)
- Preheat oven to 350F; spray a 2 quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together all six ingredients; spread out into baking dish. Bake for 45 minutes.