Recipe by flower7
I think this came from a Weight Watchers cookbook, but don't remember for sure. Regardless, I think it's delicious and have made it a few times. You can mix uncooked rice in with the rest of the ingredients but it will absorb a lot of liquid and be a little on the dry side, so add extra liquid if preparing that way.
Top Review by oloschiavo
red beans and rice, they make everything nice... thanks flower for a great recipe. I had never cooked with chipotle chilis, pinto beans, or hickory barbecue sauce before, what a great introduction. This is a recipe for sweet and smoky goodness on the table in an hour, a definite keeper.
- 236.59 ml chopped onion
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo, minced
- 14.79 ml minced garlic
- 453.59 g pinto beans, drained
- 453.59 g kidney beans, drained
- 425.24 g black beans, drained
- 236.59 ml hickory barbecue sauce
- 14.79 ml Dijon mustard
- 354.88 ml hot cooked rice