Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I think this came from a Weight Watchers cookbook, but don't remember for sure. Regardless, I think it's delicious and have made it a few times. You can mix uncooked rice in with the rest of the ingredients but it will absorb a lot of liquid and be a little on the dry side, so add extra liquid if preparing that way.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 16 ounces pinto beans, drained
- 16 ounces kidney beans, drained
- 15 ounces black beans, drained
- 1 cup hickory barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot cooked rice
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Mix together all ingredients except rice then spoon into a 2 quart casserole dish, cover and bake for 1 hour.
- Serve over rice.
red beans and rice, they make everything nice... thanks flower for a great recipe. I had never cooked with chipotle chilis, pinto beans, or hickory barbecue sauce before, what a great introduction. This is a recipe for sweet and smoky goodness on the table in an hour, a definite keeper.