Prep 1 min
Cook 8 mins
These will take you right back to childhood! Enjoy!
Make and share this Barbecued Banana Splits recipe from Food.com.
- Make slit down center of unpeeled banana and spread apart to open.
- Stuff marshmallows and chocolate chips into opening.
- Place bananas directly on cooking grate of grill.
- Grill over medium heat until skin is blackened, about 6- 8 minutes.
- Marshmallows should be golden brown, chocolate melted, and banana carmelized to a dark golden brown.
- Remove with tongs, transfer to plate, and serve with a scoop of ice cream.
- Can also add whipped cream and chopped nuts if desired.
Oh my! Talk about bringing back memories! We used to do this when I was a Girl Scout on our campouts but never used the ice cream with it. However the ice cream just really tops this dish off well. Thanks for posting it - such a great idea. We'll be making this again!
I found this recipe some years ago and one time while having a bbq with a lot of teenage girls, we decided to give it a try. The girls went crazy!! The mom of two of the girls (that's me) loves these easy, yummy treats.