Recipe by Terri F.
These will take you right back to childhood! Enjoy!
Top Review by Mysterygirl
Oh my! Talk about bringing back memories! We used to do this when I was a Girl Scout on our campouts but never used the ice cream with it. However the ice cream just really tops this dish off well. Thanks for posting it - such a great idea. We'll be making this again!
- 1 banana, unpeeled
- 8 miniature marshmallows
- 16 miniature chocolate chips
- 1 scoop ice cream (your favorite flavor)
Directions See How It's Made
- Make slit down center of unpeeled banana and spread apart to open.
- Stuff marshmallows and chocolate chips into opening.
- Place bananas directly on cooking grate of grill.
- Grill over medium heat until skin is blackened, about 6- 8 minutes.
- Marshmallows should be golden brown, chocolate melted, and banana carmelized to a dark golden brown.
- Remove with tongs, transfer to plate, and serve with a scoop of ice cream.
- Can also add whipped cream and chopped nuts if desired.