Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Canadian Living Magazine (June 2007 issue) The actual stats including all items is (per serving) 571 cal, 7gm protein, 21 gm fat (10g saturated fat), 94gm carb, 4gm fibre, 59 mg cholest., 368 mg sodium 13% calcium, 11% iron, 12% vitamin A, 13% vitamin C and 14% folate
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 bananas, firm ripe
- 1 butter pound cake, 1/2 inch pieces (pound cake)
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate syrup
- Microwave in a small bowl butter and corn syrup on high for 30 seconds (or until butter is melted).
- Peel and slice lengthwise bananas and coat with butter mixture.
- Place on greased grill on medium hear, closed for about 6 minutes or until tender, turning half way through.
- Mine did not take 6 minutes. it depends on your BBQ.
- Meanwhile grill the pound cake for 6 minutes until golden brown, turning once.
- Arrange cake and bananas on desert plate. Top with ice cream and top with chocolate sauce.
This was great after a grilled steak meal - however what I changed was putting the cake slices and banana slices on tin foil (as the grill was used to cook steaks and I didn't want the dessert contaminated by the meat). I then arranaged the grilled cake slices and banana slices on a platter along with the ice cream and chocolate syrup and everyone made their own banana splits -- a really fun dessert that was a perfect ending to grilled supper. The only thing that I should have added was some cherries and nut toppings! Thanks for sharing!