Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
This low calorie salad is a great alongside a juicy steak.
- 2 green onions
- 1⁄2 red onion
- 8 cups Baby Spinach
- 1⁄2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces sliced button mushrooms (or any kind you like, I use a mixture)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic (1 clove)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt & pepper
- Thinly slice green onions. Place red onion half, cut side down, on a cutting board. Thinly slice, then seperate. Place both in a large bowl and toss with spinach and cheese.
- Heat barbecue to medium. Place mushrooms in a foil pie plate (a foil packet does not work well as the mushrooms give off a lot of juice). Drizzle with 1 tbsp each vinegar and oil. Add garlic, salt and pepper and stir to evenly mix. Cover plate tightly with foil.
- Place on grill and cook with lid closed until mushrooms are soft, 8-10 minutes You don't have to stir. Carefully remove pan from grill and take off foil. Pour mushrooms and liquid over spinach and toss evenly to coat. Taste and add remaining vinegar if you like.