Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is very versatile, and can also be made with cooked hamburger or leftover, chopped ham, or no meat at all! Easy, one-dish meal. It is also very reasonable in price to make, and feeds a family of 6. Add some yummy bread and a salad, and your meal is complete! This recipe is a newspaper (unknown) cut-out from the 70's.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 (1 lb) cansbarbecued baked beans
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 cups leftover cooked beef, shredded
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar or 3 tablespoons white vinegar or 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Sauté the onion and green pepper 10 minutes.
- Combine vegetables with all the rest of the ingredients.
- Transfer to a baking dish.
- Bake in preheated 325?°F for 45 minutes.