Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
I get raves about these at every picnic or pot-luck! My family loves them, too. Don't let the raisins and apple scare you off! No one ever guesses the 'secret' ingredients!
- 32 ounces pork and beans
- 3⁄4 cup barbecue sauce (I use KC Masterpiece)
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tart apple, chopped (Granny Smith)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄3 cup golden raisin
- 3 strips bacon (if desired) (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Drain beans and remove the fat pieces.
- Combine beans with remaining ingredients except for bacon.
- Pour into a greased 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Arrange bacon on top.
- Bake uncovered for 50-60 minutes.
These were good. The longer you let them cook, the thicker the sauce gets. I like Baked Beans to be thick. :)