Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I have been making this recipe for years. It is fast, easy and perfect for the barbecue. The seasonings are an approximate....you could add more. My preference is the red potatoes for the colour. I have roasted whole garlic cloves along with the potatoes for a different flavour. I got this recipe from a wonderful cookbook, The Lowfat Grill, by Donna Rodnitzky
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 lbs potatoes, cut into chunks
- Combine the oil mustard, rosemary, thyme, paprika, salt and pepper. Add to potatoes and combine.
- Cooking Methods: I have cooked these potatoes in 2 layers of tin foil. Takes roughtly 45 minutes ~or~ I have a small roasting pan that I will spray with Pam and put directly on the barbecue ~or~ If I am rushed for time, I will pre-cook the potatoes in the microwave (5 - 8 minute) and finish cooking them on the barbecue.
This was a winner for us! I followed the recipe ingredients exactly, but I roasted the potatoes instead of bbq-ing. (400 degree oven for an hour.) Everyone loved these; the seasonings were perfect, didn't need a thing extra! Crispy outside and creamy inside. And low fat to boot! Thanks.
I made these last night for our bbq side dish and we did not care for them. The dressing wasn't that tasty and it didn't distribute evenly. Sorry.