Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From Paul Kirk, the Baron of Barbecue, Kansas City, Missouri. On the menu for Labor Day.
Top Review by woodland hues
MMMMMMMMmmmmmm! The best ribs ever. I prepared 2lbs of ribs, cut back on the sage, added 1/2 tsp cumin, and omitted the apple juice, because I ended up baking these foil-wrapped in the oven for 4 1/2 hours at 225F. Nothing else needed doing when I unwrapped them, except eat them. Thanks so much for your recipe, NurseDi!
- 1587.57-1814.36 g pork back ribs
- 14.79 ml paprika
- 7.39 ml garlic salt
- 4.92 ml onion powder
- 4.92 ml dried sage, crushed
- 2.46 ml celery seed
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 118.29 ml apple juice or 118.29 ml apple cider
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim the fat from the ribs.
- In a bowl, add the paprika, garlic salt, onion powder, dried sage, celery seeds, and cayenne pepper; stir to combine.
- Sprinkle the rub mixture over both sides of the ribs; rub in using your fingers.
- Prepare grill for indirect grilling; medium heat.
- Place ribs with the bone side down on the grill rack over the drip pan.
- Cover and grill for 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours or until ribs are tender, brush occasionally with apple juice after the ribs have grilled for 45 minutes.