Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 45 mins
From Paul Kirk, the Baron of Barbecue, Kansas City, Missouri. On the menu for Labor Day.
Make and share this Barbecued Baby Back Ribs recipe from Food.com.
- Trim the fat from the ribs.
- In a bowl, add the paprika, garlic salt, onion powder, dried sage, celery seeds, and cayenne pepper; stir to combine.
- Sprinkle the rub mixture over both sides of the ribs; rub in using your fingers.
- Prepare grill for indirect grilling; medium heat.
- Place ribs with the bone side down on the grill rack over the drip pan.
- Cover and grill for 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours or until ribs are tender, brush occasionally with apple juice after the ribs have grilled for 45 minutes.
MMMMMMMMmmmmmm! The best ribs ever. I prepared 2lbs of ribs, cut back on the sage, added 1/2 tsp cumin, and omitted the apple juice, because I ended up baking these foil-wrapped in the oven for 4 1/2 hours at 225F. Nothing else needed doing when I unwrapped them, except eat them. Thanks so much for your recipe, NurseDi!
Used coke instead of apple juice and cooked it in my slow cooker then on the grill at the end. Didn't have to wrap it in the slow cooker. If you like dry rub ribs, this is the recipe. If you like wet ribs, serve w BBQ sauce on the side or over at the last few minutes of cooking
Great dry rub. Used Stephanie's tip and put the apple juice in the spray bottle - worked great! Thank-you.