Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
a recipe that can eith be used for a lunch , dinner , appetizer, or even Potluck
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 4 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 lbs hot dogs, cut into 1 inch pieces
- Combine all ingredients except hot dogs in a slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on high for 30 minutes, and then add hot dog pieces.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Serve over rice as a main dish if desired, or as an appetizer.
This was a quick recipe to get together, which was great on the busy day I made it. Using a slow cooker really allowed the sauce to flavor the hot dog pieces -- we all liked the flavor, especially the kids. I did add a little dash of onion powder and garlic powder, and I served it over rice so we could enjoy every bit of the really delicious sauce. Thanks for sharing this versatile recipe!
The kids gobbled these up and they were great. Thanks. Made for PRMR!
Served this over rice cutting down to 1 lb. hot dogs, but keeping the amount of sauce ingredients as written. Will make a thicker sauce next time and add cut up green bell pepper and maybe pineapple chunks. Sauce is great! Thanks for the recipe.