Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I wasn't sure how well this would go over with the family when I made it, but they all liked it. This can be served hot or it can be served cold, which makes it a great "leftover" recipe. Hope you enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) can black beans, rinsed
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen corn
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 3 tablespoons chives, chopped
- Heat Olive oil in skillet.
- Add chopped onion and bell pepper along with salt and pepper. Cook until onions are almost clear.
- Add rinsed black beans, frozen corn and bbq sauce. Stir. Simmer a couple of minutes to allow flavors to blend.