I frequently make these sandwiches for supper or a hearty Saturday lunch, using leftover pork roast. They are quick to prepare, and always a hit with the guys in the family! You can easily adjust seasonings to your preferences. Double or triple the amount of sauce depending on how much pork you are using.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 lb thinly sliced cooked pork or 1/2 lb leftover pork roast (can also use cooked beef or lamb instead of pork)
- 2 -4 French rolls, split and toasted
- 1Combine tomato sauce, onion, green pepper and sugar in a medium saucepan.
- 2Stir in vinegar, Worcestershire, mustard, chili powder, celery seeds and garlic.
- 3Bring to a boil and reduce heat.
- 4Add meat, simmer covered until meat is heated through (10-15 minutes).
- 5Spoon mixture on the bottom half of rolls, cover with top halves.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barbecue-Style Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 430.3
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 95.2 mg
- Sodium 964.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 14.8 g
- Protein 37.2 g