Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 hrs
From Better Homes and Gardens website.
- 2 medium potatoes, unpeeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large green sweet pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 14.79 ml quick-cooking tapioca
- 907.18 g skinless chicken thighs
- 226.79 g can tomato sauce
- 29.58 ml packed brown sugar
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 14.79 ml yellow mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1.23 ml salt
- In a 3-1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker place the potatoes, sweet pepper, and onion. Sprinkle tapioca over potato mixture. Place chicken on top of the vegetables. For sauce, in a small bowl stir together tomato sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic, and salt. Pour sauce over chicken.
- Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 10 to 12 hours or on high-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours.
- Transfer chicken and vegetables to a large serving bowl. Skim fat from sauce. Spoon sauce over chicken and vegetables. Makes 4 to 5 servings.
I would not change a thing. The chicken came out really tender and juicy. Simply delicious. My husband and I enjoyed it over rice.